Morgan County Indiana Mold Problems

Photo by Binyamin Mellish on Pexels.com

If you live in Indiana, your home has likely encountered long periods of moisture with varying cool to warm temperatures.  And that means your home may have experienced, or currently experiences conditions of active mold.

Mold Spores can be dangerous to your health.   Exposure to mold occurs through breathing, ingesting, or making direct contact with the skin and chronic exposure can be especially dangerous to compromised or suppressed immune systems.  Mold is a known cause of chronic allergies, asthma, and other breathing issues. Even conditions where mold is no longer active can be damaging to your health.  If you believe mold may be affecting your health, consult with your physician.

Before cleaning up any mold growth, first make sure you don’t still have a moisture problem.

How much does our EGFSafe mold inspection cost?   Our basic visual inspection starts at $49 for up to 1200 square feet. (we are currently serving Brown, Monroe and Morgan County)  Laboratory testing is also available which can be used for legal purposes, and to confirm and identify mold types and percentages of mold within the indoor breathing environment.

If you do find that your home has past or present mold conditions, the following guidelines may prove helpful during the mold cleanup process.  You may prefer to hire a contractor, especially for large projects which may require removal and replacement of building materials and appliances. 

Homeowner’s and Renter’s Guide to Mold Cleanup After Disasters

Before You Enter Any Moldy Site:
Protect yourself and loved ones against hazards. People with breathing problems like asthma or who have weakened immune systems should stay away from moldy sites. Children should not take part in disaster cleanup work. Check for loose power lines or gas leaks. Make sure the electricity and gas are turned off. Look for sagging ceilings or floors or other structural problems. Watch out for wet, muddy, or slippery floors.
Protect your mouth and nose against breathing in mold: wear at least an N-95 respirator. If you plan to spend a lot of time removing moldy belongings or doing work like ripping out moldy drywall, wear a half-face or full-face respirator. Basic information on using it is in OSHA’s general respiratory protection guidance.external icon
Protect your skin. Wear protective gloves (non-latex, vinyl, nitrile, or rubber). Do not touch mold or moldy items with bare hands.
Protect your eyes. Wear goggles that provide complete eye protection. Choose goggles designed to keep out dust and small particles. Safety glasses or goggles that have open vent holes will not protect you against dust and small particles.
After You Leave a Mold Site:
Protect yourself and loved ones. Shower and change your clothes. This will help you avoid carrying mold and other hazards back to your current living quarters.

Published by Estate Group Finance LLC

Welcome to the Operations Divison of Estate Group Finance, LLC. The Future of Investing. Hours: 8am to 5pm Mon thru Fri. Copyright©2020EstateGroupFinance,LLC-All Rights Reserved

%d bloggers like this: